Grad plan illustration

The semester after you complete 60 hours of college coursework, you must officially file a graduation plan in your major. The graduation plan provides an important checkpoint and outlines your remaining degree requirements. During that time, you will work with your adviser to set your expected graduation date.  

You will receive an email when it is time to file your graduation plan early in the fall or spring semester in which you are eligible. You will not be able to register for the next semester until after you have met with your academic adviser and filed your graduation plan. Be aware of early registration dates and file your graduation plan early so you can start planning for the next semester! 

How do I file my graduation plan? 

  1. Make an appointment with the advisor in your major to discuss your graduation plan and anticipated graduation date. 

  1. Obtain the departmental adviser’s approval on your graduation plan. Your advisor will review the course and GPA requirements for your major, discuss your remaining requirements, and help you establish your anticipated graduation date. If you are not making progress towards your major requirements, then your advisor will discuss parallel plans with you.

After your advisor approves your graduation plan, they will submit it to Arts and Science Advising Support Services. Your plan will be reviewed and your anticipated graduation date will be officially recorded in myZou. You will be contacted after your graduation plan is filed and notified of any necessary changes. 

How do I pursue a major outside of the College of Arts and Science? 

  • Check with the division to be certain you have completed the requirements for their major, as well as their requirements to transfer divisions. Each school and college may have different requirements, so it is important to reach out, be proactive, and learn more about what you need to do to declare a major. 

  • If you are unsure which major you should pursue, we recommend you work with an advisor in the Discovery Center. The Discovery Center is dedicated to exploring students and students across campus who are considering a change in major or need help selecting new options. 

  • To officially declare a major outside of A&S, submit a request to transfer divisions using this online form: Your request will require time to process, so be sure to submit it as soon as possible. The deadline to transfer divisions in the fall is November 15 and in the spring is April 15.