Welcome to the College of Arts and Science
We are the oldest college west of the Mississippi and the largest division at MU. The college provides its more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students with liberal education programs in fine and performing arts, humanities, and social and natural sciences. In addition, the college is responsible for teaching most of the core courses required of all undergraduate students on campus. Read more...
- Difficult Decisions are Easier if Focus is on End Goal (MU News Bureau)
- MEDIA ADVISORY: University of Missouri Museum of Art and Archaeology to Reopen (MU News Bureau)
- BPA Can Disrupt Sexual Function in Turtles, Could be a Warning for Environmental Health (MU News Bureau)
- Violent Video Games Not Linked to Aggression in Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (MU News Bureau)
- Calendar Item: Alzheimer’s Disease Next Topic for Bond Life Sciences Center’s Science Café (MU News Bureau)
- Media Advisory: MU to Make Major Leadership Gift Announcement (MU News Bureau)
- University of Missouri-Columbia professor awarded President’s Award for Early Career Excellence (Inside UM System)
- Decisions, Decisions! Paul Weirich’s New Book Aims to Simplify Choices
- Calendar Item: Chancellor’s Arts Showcase ‘The Jefferson Era,’ to Feature Performances by MU Students (MU News Bureau)
- Calendar Item: 2015 Communication Week to Kick off 75th Anniversary of the Department of Communication at MU (MU News Bureau)
- MU Recognizes Contributions to Diversity (MU News Bureau)
- MU Professor Nicole Monnier Awarded 2015 Kemper Fellowship for Teaching Excellence (MU News Bureau)
- MU Professor Elisa Glick Awarded 2015 Kemper Fellowship for Teaching Excellence (MU News Bureau)
A&S Student Council Trivia NightWednesday, April 8 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.Benton-Bingham Ballroom, Memorial Union
Chancellor’s Arts Showcase: The Jefferson EraApril 13, 2015 7:30 p.m.Missouri Theatre
The University Concert Series is proud to present the Chancellor’s Arts Showcase. The event will feature performances and displays by the students of the School of Music, Department of Theatre, and the Department of Art. Ticket prices are $10 for general admission and students will receive a free ticket with their ID.
Comm WeekApril 20–24, 2015Benton-Bingham Ballroom, Memorial Union
John Miles Foley Memorial A&S Golf TournamentJune 15, 2015 12:00 p.m.
It’s time to register for the annual A&S Golf Tournament! Lunch, check-in, and range opens at 12:00 p.m. Shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. The awards ceremony and closing remarks will follow the tournament. Registration includes lunch, green fees, cart rental, and a participation gift. For more information visit https://coas.missouri.edu/events/golf.shtml or to register, contact Amanda Schlink at 573-884-4482 or SchlinkA@missouri.edu. Registration deadline is June 5, 2015.