A&S Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity Mentorship Program
Undergraduate research brings students into the labs, libraries, studios, and field sites of MU faculty, whose research and creativity define MU as a research-intensive institution. The Research and Creative Activity Mentorship Program (URCAMP) encourages and supports undergraduate research by providing stipends for students to work alongside faculty mentors to learn firsthand about the natural integration of research, creative activity, and teaching.
Students receive $2000 for semester-based projects and $3500 for summer ones. Students may also apply for up to $500 in additional support for project-related needs (supplies, travel, etc.).
Am I eligible?
- Are you an A&S undergraduate (do you have a declared A&S major)?
- Will you have earned at least 24 MU hours by the beginning of your internship period?
- Preference will be given to rising sophomores and juniors
- Are you in good academic standing?
- Have you found a faculty mentor who has agreed to work with you?
If the answer to all these questions is “yes,” then you are eligible!
- March 1: Summer and Fall proposals
- October 15: Spring proposals
How to apply
Application materials must be submitted through Scholarship Universe, https://missouri.scholarshipuniverse.com, including:
- A formal project proposal, including project description, methodology, and a selected bibliography/list of references
- A current résumé
- A letter of support from your faculty mentor
After the research program
After your research experience, you will be expected to present your results (or work in progress) at an A&S, university, or external event, such as a conference.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Nicole Monnier, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.