Be Career Ready: Start now!
Contact the Internship Coordinator, Julia Parcell or schedule an appointment via MUConnect for one-on-one consultations.
Preparing for your career can be overwhelming...start by taking one small step. See below for ideas:
- Activate your www.hiremizzoutigers.com student profile in Handshake.
- Part-time jobs
- Full-time careers
- Keep up to date on employer campus visits
- Develop and submit a résumé for your student profile in Handshake. Visit the MU Career Center's walk-in hours M-F 9-4.
- Attend professional development workshops (see A&S specific events below) and employer information sessions on campus.
- Research companies and attend campus Career and Internship Fairs. Employers are eager to meet students early.
- Join at least one student organization. You’ll get to know other students and build your network.
- Create a LinkedIn account. Connect with AandSInternships and Mizzou alumni. Get a free headshot at the Career Center's LinkedIn Photo Days!
- Meet with the A&S internship coordinator to learn about search techniques and networking. Contact Julia Parcell
- Complete at least one experience in your sophomore and/or junior years.
- Study abroad
- Work related to your major
- Complete informational interviews with industry professionals to learn about various career paths or join the Mizzou Mentoring program. See Julia with questions.
- Build relationships with faculty so you are comfortable asking for a letter of recommendation.
- Apply for A&S scholarships for study abroad, research, internships, or departmental awards.
Questions may be directed to Julia Parcell, Internship Coordinator at 573-882-4409 or firstname.lastname@example.org