Be Career Ready: Start now!
Preparing for your career can be overwhelming...start by taking one small step. See below for ideas:
- Activate your www.hiremizzoutigers.com student profile in Handshake.
- Part-time jobs
- Full-time careers
- Keep up to date on employer campus visits
- Develop and submit a résumé for your student profile in Handshake. Visit the MU Career Center's walk-in hours M-F 9-4.
- Attend professional development workshops and employer information sessions on campus.
- Research companies and attend campus Career and Internship Fairs. Employers are eager to meet students early.
- Join at least one student organization. You’ll get to know other students and build your network.
- Create a LinkedIn account. Connect with AandSInternships and Mizzou alumni.
- Meet with the A&S internship coordinator to learn about search techniques and networking. Contact Julia Parcell
- Complete at least one experience in your sophomore and/or junior years.
- Study abroad
- Work related to your major
- Complete informational interviews with industry professionals to learn about various career paths or join the Mizzou Mentoring program. See Julia with questions.
- Build relationships with faculty so you are comfortable asking for a letter of recommendation.
- Apply for A&S scholarships for study abroad, research, internships, or departmental awards.
Upcoming Career Readiness Events
Jan 18th - Job Search Boot Camp - Tate Hall, 9-2 p.m.
May and December graduates are invited to register for a job search boot camp:
Be prepared to enhance your resume, develop interviewing skills, learn job search strategies, and hear from a panel of employers. The first 40 students will receive a career-ready set including padfolio and resume paper to help you prepare for interviews.
Feb 7th - Business Career Fair - Mizzou Rec Center 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Did you know that all majors are welcome at the Business Career Fair? Professional Dress and Student ID are required.
Feb 12th - Engineering Career Fair - Mizzou Rec Center 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Did you know that all majors are welcome at the Engineering Career Fair? Professional Dress and Student ID are required.
Feb 18th - Networking Know-how Dinner - Reynolds Alumni Center 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Register now to attend a free etiquette dinner. Learn how to successfully navigate a professional dinner conversation/interview as well as networking tips at cocktail hour. Register here.
Feb 19th - How to conquer the career fair - 2-43 Ag Bldg 4:00 p.m.
Discover tips to successfully navigate the career and internship fair. With so many employers and so little time, learn the best strategies for making the most of your time at the upcoming career fair, while making a good first impression.
Feb 21th - Mock interviews
Mar 6th - A&S/CAFNR Career and Internship Fair - Mizzou Rec Center, 12-4 p.m.
Looking for an internship, full time employment, graduate school opportunities, or gap year ideas? There is something for everyone at the Career and Internship Fair. No matter your year, it’s never too early to start networking with companies interested in Mizzou students.
Mar 7th - On Campus Interviews - Reynolds Alumni Center
Select employers will hold interviews the day following the Career and Internship Fair. You must attend the career fair to be offered an interview slot.
April 14th - JCPenney Suit Up Event - JCPenney, Columbia Mall, 6:30-9:30 p.m. (West entrance)
Attend this MIZZOU ONLY event for great deals on business casual/professional attire. You will receive an additional 40% off (even sale prices). Registration encouraged, but not required!
Questions may be directed to Julia Parcell, Internship Coordinator at 573-882-4409 or firstname.lastname@example.org