The College of Arts and Science encourages all Arts and Science majors interested in pursuing a low or unpaid internship to apply for a Career Development Scholarship. A minimum of six scholarships up to $5,000 each will be available for Summer 2020 interns. The goal of the scholarship is to provide funding to cover summer expenses, including earnings lost due to participation in an unpaid internship.
Award criteria will be determined by:
- Length of the internship
- Evidence of financial need (as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid, and submitted detailed budget of expenses)
- Merit evaluation of the proposal
Preference will be given to A&S undergraduates who have completed 30-100 MU credit hours applicable to an A&S undergraduate degree. Minimum enrollment in one internship credit hour during Summer 2019 will be required for students who accept the scholarship.
Scholarship application opens: November 15, 2019
Scholarship application deadline: February 1, 2020
Award notifications will be made the week of March 6, 2020
Acceptance of award deadline: April 1, 2020 (you must provide proof of internship offer by this date). No exceptions to this deadline will be made so that all of the awards may be given out.
(Submit the following as ONE PDF document to: MUASScholarships@missouri.edu on or before February 1, 2020)
- A&S career development scholarship application
- A 500-word essay outlining the benefits of the proposed internship and its relevance to career goals
- Current résumé
- Proposed budget, including estimated travel, room and board costs, as well as any miscellaneous expenses specific to your internship.
- Position description of the internship(s) to which you have applied
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.