A&S Grants Office
The Arts and Science Grants Office serves as a liaison between A&S faculty and the pre- and post-award staff of the Office of Sponsored Program Administration (OSPA) with regard to proposal submission and post-award oversight and administration.
- Assist faculty with electronic submissions through Grants.gov and NSF FastLane.
- Complete agency face sheet.
- Assist in budget development and form completion.
- Complete current and pending support page for principal investigator and co-investigator(s), if applicable.
- Format biographical sketches.
- Assist in completion of other business forms as dictated by sponsoring agency.
Internal processing services
- Request DeptID from OSPA for those departments that want to submit a proposal, but may not have a DeptID.
- Enter proposal information into the PeopleSoft Financial Production database.
- Complete financial disclosure forms as applicable.
- Coordinate with department faculty and staff in obtaining appropriate signatures on all applicable forms (internal and external).
- Review proposals for completeness and ensure that compliance documents (i.e., human subjects, animals, etc.) have been completed and/or filed.
- Compile and copy proposals via campus Digiprint.
- Submit proposals to the appropriate OSPA satellite office.
- Serve as primary contact for award notification.
- Coordinate with department staff in verifying DeptIDs at time of award notification and communicate that information to appropriate OSPA satellite office.
- Distribute award information to appropriate department faculty and staff.
- Create fiscal records, track expenditures, and review project chartfields for fiscal compliance.
- Coordinate with department staff in processing PAFs for grant staff.
- Assist department staff in reconciling grant budgets and distribute monthly reports to appropriate department faculty and staff as applicable.
- Maintain project financial files as applicable.
- Coordinate in-kind (cost-sharing) documentation with department staff.
- Monitor project chartfield for budget revisions and prepare re-budget requests when necessary.
- Prepare fiscal reports as needed for A&S dean's office.
- Coordinate with department faculty in preparing no-cost time-extension requests as appropriate.
- Coordinate with department staff to prepare transactions as needed to close a project chartfield.
- Train department faculty in accessing and reading their grant budget reports.
- Review monthly cost-sharing documentation to ensure that it's being allocated properly and within the time-frame of the grant project.
- Receive, distribute, and collect effort verification reports (EVRs) for the college. Assist department staff in obtaining signatures.
A&S Grants Office Contact
Coordinator, A&S Grants Office
107 Tucker Hall