Degree Program Policies
At the beginning of a semester students often have difficulty adding classes within the one-week deadline. Requests to add a class a day or two after a deadline will ordinarily be approve by the Dean's office (107 Lowry) if there is verification from the professor that 1) the student HAS BEEN attending the class AND 2) the student HAS PERMISSION to add the class late.
Problems, readings, ensembles, performance in plays
The Dean's office (107 Lowry) regularly allows students to add non-regular classes until the beginning of the 5th week of classes.
Re-register after cancellation for non-payment of fees
The Cashier's Office cancels the class schedules of students who fail to pay tuition. Such cancellations occur throughout a semester. After these students receive verification that they have been attending all their scheduled classes, the Dean's office (107 Lowry) will allow the student to re-register after fees are paid.
- General Advising Information (campus-wide)
Advisers & Directors of Undergraduate Study (DUgS)
Dates & Deadlines
- Academic calendar (Provost's Office)
Note: The date for adding Problems and Readings is the same as the last day to drop without a grade.
- Dates and Deadlines (Registrar's Office)
- Campus events calendar
- To be on the Dean's List in Arts and Science, a student needs a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.0 most recent term GPA, and must have completed at least 12 graded hours in the most recent term.
Degree Programs - An Overview of Majors
- Degree requirements: BA and BS
- Degree audits
- General Education Program requirements
- Majors and Minors (campus-wide)
- A&S Majors
- Arts and Science Commencement and Graduation
- Commencement (campus-wide)
- Honors convocation (campus-wide)
- Fellowships Office
- Service Learning
- Study Abroad